Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: New Breathing Troubles, worried

turtlesti - Sun May 28, 2006 7:15 am

Well after about 8 days of feeling better it all seemed to go to hell. On Saturday I was feeling like my usual breathing troubles, out of nowhere.

Today(Sunday) it is different. I feel this sensation in my throat, like I can feel it. Like I can feel my own tracea, through and through. Very weird. And it sortof feels like I am strangling/chocking myself, but not fully of course. I still feel as if I am getting adequate air but it feels pretty weird and it is worrying me, even as I type this I feel as if it is getting worse. Nothing really feels swollen, other than my tongue (maybe?). It's very odd, I am getting pretty frustrated over here and I am worried. I am almost ready to call off my trip and head home but I am concerned with being in the air for 11 hours if I am still feeling like this.

Currently I am monitoring it, it is Sunday evening. Hopefully I wont have to head to the hospital. I am looking forward to sleeping and hopefully feeling relieved in the morning. And I think regardless of how I feel I will visit a doctor tomorrow.

The URL to my last post if you wish to read the history of this thing.
https://www.doctorslounge.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13200

Basically I've been in Thailand since May 3 and I have been feeling weird in the breathing category for most of my trip.

Thanks for any help.
 turtlesti - Wed May 31, 2006 2:59 am

I went to see the doc. He said I had nothing to worry about and that i should just take these drugs:

Roxithromycin (Rulid 150mg/Aventis) - 2 per day b4 breakfast
Serratio Peptidase (Takeda Danzen Tablets/5mg) - 1 with each meal

Now, on Monday after taking the drugs I felt pretty good. Tuesday I felt pretty good until 6pm and then over the next few hours I felt terrible and I came pretty close to heading to the hospital again, but it seemed to sort of clear up after a nice walk. Today I am feeling crappy, as if my problem is actually getting worse and that the pills are only relieving my symptoms and not fighting them, but I could be wrong. I'm on my 3rd day of the Roxi, shouldn't I be feeling like this thing is being killed already?

Thanks for your thoughts

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us