Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Chest pain

granby21 - Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:13 pm

I am a 40 year old female. I woke up this morning feeling pain and tightness over my entire chest area. It was something I had never felt before. When I turned over and laid on my back, the pain was better. From then on, I have had only pain in my left side. It seems to be mostly around my breast area even though I do not believe it is my breast. The pain is not sharp or extreme. It is somewhat dull, but bothersome. I have been experiencing this pain for approximalely 4 hours. I do not seem to have any other symptoms. The pain can sometimes get worse when breathing deeply and sometimes disappears for a few minutes all together. I have lung and heart history in my family. Do you have any ideas? I have digestive problems but have never felt anything like this. Thank you for your help.
 Dr. A. Rajput - Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:08 pm

User avatar In your case it could be anything ranging from

Heart causes

Lung causes

Digestive tract causes

Muscular / rib (costochondral) pain

Inflammatory - as its positional and pleuritic (pericardial and/or pleuritic)

Lets not get into the details of each. Your priority at this point of time should be to see a doc and get yourself examined to rule out cardiac causes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us