Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Buzzing in Chest

keleighnesta - Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:36 pm

I am 29 year old female that has been recently feeling a "buzzing sensation" in my chest on the right side. It will happen at random times and never lasts longer than maybe ten seconds. Currently I am taking a multivitamin and Yaz birth control. I do smoke about a pack every two days. I cannot explain the buzzing feeling - it does not hurt but I can feel it when I place my hand on my chest. Do I need to see a doctor? If so, what type of doctor and tests would have to be done? When I was born, my mother told me I had a heart murmur but that is not the case now. Thank you for your time and help. I have searched the internet but have not come up with any information.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:15 pm

User avatar Hello,

Do you have any history of recent medical problems like diarrhea , vomiting , fever?

Your complaint could be due to one of these causes:
- Electrolyte imbalance: I think you should be checked for your blood electrolyte levels.

- Yaz side effect: Consideration should be taken also for the drug Yaz which has been reported to cause chest pain.

- Cardiac causes should be excluded and ECG should be done although these are atypical symptoms.

Follow up with your doctor is essential.
Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us