Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

Question: Chest discomfort... desperate for help

stephenla5 - Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:33 pm

Hi
I have for a couple of months now had a dull discomfort/ache below my chest around about the bottem ribs. I have nemerous lumps on my neck that my doctor assures me are viral but to ve honest iv had them for a few months and im realy concerned.
As for the chest discomfort my doctor told me it was muscular problems as i had a paper round were i was delivering 200 papers at a time. However after such a long time i am concerned. The discomfort moves from side to side but is mostly on the right side and occasionally aches riht upto my shoulder. The aches seem to start at about 11am and get worse as the day goes on. I have had a sore throat and general cold on and of for a few weeks now.
Lastly I have tried using muscular spray with very little effect.
Im a 15 year old male and im not sure if its relivant but i had epilepsy as a younger child. Oviously i do not and neve rhave smoked.
I am EXTREMLY concered and would be happy simply being given reasurence that my symptoms are most likely nothing to serious just to keep me calm untill i get to the doctors
I realy apreiciate your help.
and sorry if this message seems rushed im just eager for help.

stephen
 stephenla5 - Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:38 pm

Oh sorry i should add that i have had a blood test and it came back fine and that i do spend alot oftie in a cheap and uncomfortable desk chair and my parent have told me my posture is hunched and not good for me.