Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

Question: Popping and Wheezing on exhale

sanbio - Wed May 16, 2007 11:24 am

I am experiencing an effect upon exhaling. It is similiar to opening a bottle of coke and here the bubbles pop. However, it has a hollowed sound due to the fact that it is coming from inside the esophogus. Along with this, there is wheezing. I used pulmicort with an atomizer but it did not seem to help. ANy diagnosis on what this might be? Pneumoniaa, Cancer?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu May 17, 2007 1:15 pm

User avatar You may be experiencing a viral lung infection or possibly an infection with a bug called mycoplasma (referred to as an atypical pneumonia).

You may need an antibiotic to help clear up your symptoms. Also, it may be that you are having a mild flare in your asthma.

Your doctor can evaluate you for both.