Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Chest Desconfort, Shortness of breath, faintish feeling

 kardashi - Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:05 pm

Im a 24 year old male who last october for the first time had an anxiety attack (from what the doctors say) after experimenting with cocaine. havent been the same every since... ive been to the emergency room like 3 times since then and each time they have told me nothing is wrong with me... they did chest xrays, ekgs, the whole nine yards... and each time they say its normal... but every now and then i get these uncomfortable feeling under my let arm, shortness of breath, chest pains, feeling like im going to pass out, get this burping sensation, (seems like it kinda helps when i burp), but it gets really bad at times, kinda feels like im going to passout and die... i do smoke cigarettes, my father has had a heart attack... currently im not taking any meds...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:29 pm

User avatar I would recommend that you get some ongoing therapy. If you could get locked in with a mental health clinic or private practice, you may be able to learn to prevent, or at least cope with, these feelings. Some medications are effective in this too, so once you talk with a therapist he/she may be able to refer you to a qualified medical provider who could find the right medicine.. Often it takes a combination of these things to bring it under control, but you should be able to do it.

Good luck

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us