Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: sweating and shakes

rone - Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:37 am

I am 70 year old caucasion maile with no significant medical history within my family. General health has been very good. Am not taking any medications although take a multi vitamin. The past couple of days I have been having excessive sweating indoors with airconditiong and also times of body shaking as if I was chilled. In neither case did I feel uncomfortably hot or cold. Also have a dull headache on each side of my head. Did have a bit of chest pain at first but it followed a large meal and did not return
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:46 pm

User avatar Hi Rone,

Your symptoms may be from a couple things that I can think of. Low blood sugar can cause these symptoms. Hyperthyroidism can also cause this.

I would recommend that you see your doctor for a check up to make sure everything is OK.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us