Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: abnormal nipple growth for a male

 275bbb - Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:05 am

age is 21,male,i have a small nipple growth looking lik breasts and have consulted a ordinary doctor and was informed that the growth was due to harmone imbalance.but i have this problem for more than 8 years.right from the day of its onset it has not grown anymore or yet decreased.waited all these years thinking harmonal imbalance wud get alright but nothings hapenned....pls let me know a solution for this
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:25 pm

User avatar I would suggest a consultation with an endocrinologist. This sounds like the common condition called gynecomastia and it can result from hormonal problems - even such things as thyroid disorders so it would warrant a workup.

If it is due to extra fatty tissue it is called pseudogynecomastia and weight loss will resolve it. Breast reduction surgery can be done to treat this problem.

Best wishes.
 275bbb - Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:37 am

ya i browsed through various sites and found that my problem is common among many teens, are there any other methods of overcomming that without surgeries.......any medicines as such....
 275bbb - Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:18 am

i heard about a medicine named as gynexin,will it be useful and wud it help me out and does it has any side effects as such.....

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us