Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: abnormal nipple growth for a male

275bbb - Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:05 am

age is 21,male,i have a small nipple growth looking lik breasts and have consulted a ordinary doctor and was informed that the growth was due to harmone imbalance.but i have this problem for more than 8 years.right from the day of its onset it has not grown anymore or yet decreased.waited all these years thinking harmonal imbalance wud get alright but nothings hapenned....pls let me know a solution for this
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:25 pm

User avatar I would suggest a consultation with an endocrinologist. This sounds like the common condition called gynecomastia and it can result from hormonal problems - even such things as thyroid disorders so it would warrant a workup.

If it is due to extra fatty tissue it is called pseudogynecomastia and weight loss will resolve it. Breast reduction surgery can be done to treat this problem.

Best wishes.
 275bbb - Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:37 am

ya i browsed through various sites and found that my problem is common among many teens, are there any other methods of overcomming that without surgeries.......any medicines as such....
 275bbb - Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:18 am

i heard about a medicine named as gynexin,will it be useful and wud it help me out and does it has any side effects as such.....

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us