Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Lump below right collar bone

mnpastor - Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:53 pm

I noticed this lump a months ago probably last november '07 (though not sure for how long exactly it has been there)but I had forgotten about it for a while... then just now I realised it was still there and thought I should ask. I know it is better for a doctor to see it but I have no insurance and w/o a job.. plus not even American so.. yeah.

There is a lump the size of a quarter on the right side, 2 fingers below my collar bone and about 3 fingers north from my right breast.

It doesn't move freely, when i put some pressure on it, it bother me a lil bit but not reaching pain. My skin colour is normal... not sure what else I should say.

I guess i'm wondering if this sounds serious enough to pay the huge dollars to get it checked. Thank you!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:48 pm

User avatar Hi mnpastor,
A persistent lump should be evaluated by a physician. Do you realize that there are many free clinics that provide access to health care? If you would like some assistance in locating services let me know and I will try to help you.
Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us