Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Lump below right collar bone

mnpastor - Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:53 pm

I noticed this lump a months ago probably last november '07 (though not sure for how long exactly it has been there)but I had forgotten about it for a while... then just now I realised it was still there and thought I should ask. I know it is better for a doctor to see it but I have no insurance and w/o a job.. plus not even American so.. yeah.

There is a lump the size of a quarter on the right side, 2 fingers below my collar bone and about 3 fingers north from my right breast.

It doesn't move freely, when i put some pressure on it, it bother me a lil bit but not reaching pain. My skin colour is normal... not sure what else I should say.

I guess i'm wondering if this sounds serious enough to pay the huge dollars to get it checked. Thank you!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:48 pm

User avatar Hi mnpastor,
A persistent lump should be evaluated by a physician. Do you realize that there are many free clinics that provide access to health care? If you would like some assistance in locating services let me know and I will try to help you.