Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: blood in spit (when i clear my throat)

tvl - Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:42 am

On new years eve I had too much to drink and had a bad hangover when i woke up. I proceeded to vomit for a couple minutes with some dry heeves(sp?). Since then every time i clear my throat there is blood in my spit, i wanted to wait to see if it would subside. However it has not, should i be worried? Im going to call my doctor tomorrow to make an appointment.

Any current advice would be appreciated.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:16 pm

User avatar Hello,
Most likely there was some trauma to the esophagus and this is causing the blood. It should heal shortly. If not, see a doctor.

Best wishes.
 tvl - Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:28 am

Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:04 pm

User avatar You are welcome.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us