Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers
"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."
Forum Name: Asthma
Question: allergic type reaction
|dgh - Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:56 am||
For the last week and a half i've been experiencing itching sometimes severe on the legs, groin and buttocks area. The buttocks area has been extremely bad lately with quite a few almost dime size welts. My legs and groin do not exhibit any irritation, just scratches from me itching intensly. I have not changed anything in my routine since before this started and I don't know how or what to do for a remedy.
Can you help? I have tried over the counter Benadryl
|Dr. D. Sawh - Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:32 am||
Dear dgh, Before I could adequately respond to your problem, I have to ask you a few questions:1) WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION?
2) HAVE YOU ANY PETS IN YOUR HOME, GARDEN,ETC.?
3) DID U AT ANY TIME COME INTO DIRECT CONTACT WITH RAGWEED, POISON OAK/ IVY, OR ANY OTHER PLANT ALLERGEN?
4) ARE U CURRENTLY USING ANY MEDICATION(S)? IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY AND FOR HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN USING THEM?
5) DOES ANYONE IN YOUR IMMEDIATE/ EXTENDED FAMILY TROUBLE FROM ANY ALLERGIES? IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY & ARE THEY UTILISING ANY MEDICATIONS AT PRESENT? NAME MEDICATIONS IF U DON'T KNOW.
6) HAVE U VISITED YOUR FAMILY PHYSICIAN LATELY FOR ANY ILLNESS? IF SO, HOW LONG AGO? WHAT WAS THE DIAGNOSIS? ANY TREATMENT(S)--- KINDLY NAME THEM. DID YOUR DOCTOR GIVE YOU A PENICILLIN SHOT--- HOW LONG AGO & FOR WHAT?
I NEED TO KNOW A.S.A.P. SO THAT I MIGHT BE OF ASSISTANCE TO YOU IN OBTAINING ALMOST IMMEDIATE RELIEF. LOOKING FORWARD TO A SWIFT RESPONSE.
YOURS TRULY, D.SAWH Pharm.D., M.D., F.R.C.P.(U.K.)
|| Check a doctor's response to similar questions|
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.