Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Asthma

Question: allergic type reaction

dgh - Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:56 am

For the last week and a half i've been experiencing itching sometimes severe on the legs, groin and buttocks area. The buttocks area has been extremely bad lately with quite a few almost dime size welts. My legs and groin do not exhibit any irritation, just scratches from me itching intensly. I have not changed anything in my routine since before this started and I don't know how or what to do for a remedy.

Can you help? I have tried over the counter Benadryl
 Dr. D. Sawh - Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:32 am

Dear dgh, Before I could adequately respond to your problem, I have to ask you a few questions:1) WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION?
2) HAVE YOU ANY PETS IN YOUR HOME, GARDEN,ETC.?
3) DID U AT ANY TIME COME INTO DIRECT CONTACT WITH RAGWEED, POISON OAK/ IVY, OR ANY OTHER PLANT ALLERGEN?
4) ARE U CURRENTLY USING ANY MEDICATION(S)? IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY AND FOR HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN USING THEM?
5) DOES ANYONE IN YOUR IMMEDIATE/ EXTENDED FAMILY TROUBLE FROM ANY ALLERGIES? IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY & ARE THEY UTILISING ANY MEDICATIONS AT PRESENT? NAME MEDICATIONS IF U DON'T KNOW.
6) HAVE U VISITED YOUR FAMILY PHYSICIAN LATELY FOR ANY ILLNESS? IF SO, HOW LONG AGO? WHAT WAS THE DIAGNOSIS? ANY TREATMENT(S)--- KINDLY NAME THEM. DID YOUR DOCTOR GIVE YOU A PENICILLIN SHOT--- HOW LONG AGO & FOR WHAT?

I NEED TO KNOW A.S.A.P. SO THAT I MIGHT BE OF ASSISTANCE TO YOU IN OBTAINING ALMOST IMMEDIATE RELIEF. LOOKING FORWARD TO A SWIFT RESPONSE.

YOURS TRULY, D.SAWH Pharm.D., M.D., F.R.C.P.(U.K.)
Code: Select all
[color=green][/color]
Code: Select all

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us