Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Weird "water bubbles" growing out of chest

 DeltaIv - Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:48 pm

Recently my friend have been having some sort of "water bubble" growing out of his chest. At first there was just one growing from his left side of his chest and when he pop it water start coming and multiple new one's start to grow. When he pop it he said it doesn't really hurt but when it starts to grow his chest start's to tighten up. Also when he apply some cream to it, he said it burns. We have no idea what is growing out of his body and it happen so fast. We went to see a doctor and that doctor said he's not sure what it is, and now it's growing all over my friends left chest front and back. Is there a way to fix it, what is the name of this and is this a very serious situation.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:01 am

User avatar Hello,These are known as bullous eruptions.The commonet would be drug allergies called fixed drug eruptions which come back again at the same spot on reexposure.Bacterial infections of the skin cause bullous impetigo and can be treated with antibiotic.Viral conditions like herpes zoster come along nerve roots and not likely in your friends case.The bullous fluid can be examined under the microscope known as tzank test to arrive at a diagnosis.Rarer conditions like pemphigus,dermatitis herpetiformis can be ruled out by the simple test.Do meet a dermatologist and get reassured.Ok?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us