Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

Forum Name: Asthma

Question: Allergy induced asthma and where to live??

rdrmom777 - Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:01 pm

I have allergy induced asthma, which is under control until this time of year in the midwest. I was wondering if there was anywhere that anyone knew of that was free of pollens that normally cause springtime allergies? I have allergies during the winter due to dust mites, and now. It worries me as to what will happen when I get older, how can my lungs take it? My aunt went to Arizona, only to return due to the transferring of flora from other areas...thus allergies.

Any thoughts?
 Luv2Travel - Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:14 pm

I have been having the same problem trying to find out where the best cities in the U.S are to live when suffering from asthma for years now. I never get a reply or an answer by anyone. Has anyone replied to you regarding this. I grew up in Southern California in a suburb & had mild asthma and then moved to the big city in my early 20's. Ever since I moved to the city, my asthma has been out of control on a daily basis. Singular helped for the last few years but is no longer helping and I am wondering if I should move, but where to???
 yellowwheel - Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:08 am

Did you try allergy shots? If yes, did they help?