Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Asthma

Question: Allergy induced asthma and where to live??

rdrmom777 - Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:01 pm

I have allergy induced asthma, which is under control until this time of year in the midwest. I was wondering if there was anywhere that anyone knew of that was free of pollens that normally cause springtime allergies? I have allergies during the winter due to dust mites, and now. It worries me as to what will happen when I get older, how can my lungs take it? My aunt went to Arizona, only to return due to the transferring of flora from other areas...thus allergies.

Any thoughts?
 Luv2Travel - Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:14 pm

I have been having the same problem trying to find out where the best cities in the U.S are to live when suffering from asthma for years now. I never get a reply or an answer by anyone. Has anyone replied to you regarding this. I grew up in Southern California in a suburb & had mild asthma and then moved to the big city in my early 20's. Ever since I moved to the city, my asthma has been out of control on a daily basis. Singular helped for the last few years but is no longer helping and I am wondering if I should move, but where to???
 yellowwheel - Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:08 am

Did you try allergy shots? If yes, did they help?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us