Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Kicking Pain Under Right Rib Cage

keeper6101 - Sun May 22, 2005 4:23 pm

Dear Sir/Madame:

Yesterday, I was standing in the kitchen and suddenly a sharp pain exploded under my right lower rib cage. It was like someone was repeatedly kicking me from the inside out. When I placed my hand in the area, I could feel the movement of kicks. It came on in spirts. At one time, it was so intense that I was screaming. Then after about ten minutes of the kicking going away and coming back, it stopped.

Later on today, it came back for a few kicks but was nothing like the day before. Any ideas as to what this is would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Mon May 23, 2005 2:22 pm

The "kicks" were probably due t muscle spasms sue to some local reaction (I need to know more about your your symptoms, your age and so on before I can comment on this). I suggest you take some antacid suspension for the time being and report how you feel.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us