Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

Question: Pain while Breathing?

Patient - Tue May 24, 2005 5:25 am

Hello this is "Patient S" .It happens very rarely when I breathe. May be once in a month or twice. I feel like as if something is trying to prick my heart at every breathe I inhale and after that I am not able to breathe properly and it pains like hell. I do breathe but very slowly and not in a normal manner. But after few seconds again I breathe in a normal manner as if nothing happened. Whats the reason?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:58 am

User avatar It is probably nothing to worry about, it happens to lots of people, however it's best to be safe not sorry - have you had an ECG? How old are you?