Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Pain while Breathing?

Patient - Tue May 24, 2005 5:25 am

Hello this is "Patient S" .It happens very rarely when I breathe. May be once in a month or twice. I feel like as if something is trying to prick my heart at every breathe I inhale and after that I am not able to breathe properly and it pains like hell. I do breathe but very slowly and not in a normal manner. But after few seconds again I breathe in a normal manner as if nothing happened. Whats the reason?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:58 am

User avatar It is probably nothing to worry about, it happens to lots of people, however it's best to be safe not sorry - have you had an ECG? How old are you?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us