Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: chest tightness

swinters - Wed May 25, 2005 2:28 pm

i have been having tightness in my upper chest for the last year and a half. i went to my cardiologist because i take meds for high cholestro. he did a stress test on the treadmill ad also a ultrasound on my heart and then just so he would not miss anything i also had the stress test where there is medication and xrays involved. everything was alright and he said not to be concered.

i am stll having this tighness in my chest and it is making my crazy. what else could be causing this feeling?? it comes and goes. i use the treadmill at home and i don't have it then. sometimes i notice it after i have coffee, but i have been drinking coffee for years with not problem. i only have one cup and then it is half decafe. please advise. thank you.
 Dr. Elias Barrios MD - Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:05 pm

although I am a pediatrician I still can help you. Your doctor ran all those test and they were normal therefore most probably the problem is due to stress . Stress has many forms to be manifested one of those is the chest pain that can be relieve with normal analgesics, antiinflamatory drugs and Vit B complex, excersise and a good diet.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us