Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Upper Right above the breast chest pain

 Lady - Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:17 am

I am a 36yr old female several weeks ago I developed upper chest pain, Had Chest and lung x-rays performed and they were normal. The pain has persisited in my upper right chest above my breast sometimes immediately under the breast, pain will move to the upper back and right side of my neck. My doctor ruled out indegestion due to lack of stomach pain. I can not pin point a cause of the pain because it comes and goes at odd times of the day. Belching or anacids help on occasion but not this morning. the pain will not subside. I do not smoke tabacco but, have smoked canibis for several years, just recently quit. Canibis was used to help sleep at night, and reduce anxiety. Blood tests revealed slightly elevated cholestrol every thing else normal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I also excersise three to four times weekly.
 Derek H, RN - Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:06 pm


From the information you have given, do you eat a high fat diet, although you say your cholesterol is slightly raised this can cause such symptoms and there are medications available if your cholesterol remains persistently elevated , there is also a condition known as cholecystitis which is inflammation and possible blockage in the gallbladder, usually associated with gallstones, you would have to see your doctor to have an ultrasound examination carried out to detect the prescence of gallstones if any. Do you have any nausea or vomiting asociated with your problem at present, again if so you will have to see your doctor for referral to the appropriate physician and or surgeon, good luck
 jamiejet - Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:07 am

hi, im a 30yo guy that has a simular problem in the same circumstances as yourself, however when i move my arm up / around it kind of clicks. but there is an overall burning kind of feeling up and then over the shoulder. do you type alot? I actually smoke canabis for sleep and relaxation. Funny that i was looking for some stepping stones for self diagnosis, when my search results bought me to this sight. send reply if can to :wink:


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us