Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: my chest feels weird

Omseti - Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:25 pm

the centre on my chest feel weird when i breath in a out it feels like something in there like flem moveing around. it some time takes way my breath. i spit or some time cought up alot of white flem some times green an nose always stuff up. There also is a small lump under the skin where the chest feels weird . i had a chest xray done and they found nothing. i do have asthma but only when sick. this has been going on for four months i just need to fined out what this is because i don;t like feel this way and it make not want to go out
:(
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:06 pm

User avatar Do you smoke?
 Omseti - Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:58 pm

Ilovepatients wrote:Do you smoke?
no
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:21 pm

User avatar You may have allergies that causes chronic sinusitis, drainage and coughing up of phlegm. Call your doctor and ask about taking some non-drowsy antihistamines; either over the counter or prescription.
 Scoobydoo - Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:39 am

Hi

I am a 43 yr old female. I have had constant chest discomfort now since Aug. I had a heavy cold at the end of July with blocked sinuses and a few days phlegmy cough at the tail end. I was ok for about a week or two and then this strange pain/discomfort started just in the right side. It's not a sharp pain or a stabbing pain just an ongoing discomfort. Sometimes it spreads out and i seem to feel it then in my back or aroung the ribs at the front and side, and occasionally i feel it in the other side of my chest. It is not affected by breathing in or out or exercise and i don't have a cough. I am a light smoker (4-5 a day) but am also pretty fit and active. My GP didn't think there was much to it and felt an x-ray wouldn't reveal anything. He seemed reassured that my peak flow rate was 450. What i don't understand is why this doesn't either a) develop into something more or b) go away. By the way, what would the pain of lung cancer feel like as i think this is my root fear!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us