Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

Question: sharp chest pains right side

john r - Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:11 pm

i am a 45 year old male i've been getting these pains very infrequently for the past 3 years.

maybe once each 2 or 3 months but now they are becoming more frequent. these last around 2 or 3 seconds and tge best way i can describe them is very needle like.

when i get them i feel like going to the doc but then i go for days and days with no problem so i feel like a fraud.

no link really between eating or physical exertion the only time i never get any pains is when i am in bed :)
 tintin35 - Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:59 am

yeah, I get the same. I think you'll find it's a torn muscle (you probably play a bit of sport). It's a very common comparison with heart attacks
 Jack3d1 - Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:56 pm

I am 23 years old and I have been having the samething happening to me. I started to have sharp chest pains on the right side first I thought it was nothing due to they were every other month or so just for an second.
now there more intense, and I have sharp pains shooting into my right arm, now there gone and now there on my left side of my chest just little one's now, but I know they are going to get worse to. This all started to happen when I got an pinched neck on the left side, it comes and goes, I am in the military, but these doc here don't really help you unless your on your death bed.