Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: sharp chest pains right side

john r - Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:11 pm

i am a 45 year old male i've been getting these pains very infrequently for the past 3 years.

maybe once each 2 or 3 months but now they are becoming more frequent. these last around 2 or 3 seconds and tge best way i can describe them is very needle like.

when i get them i feel like going to the doc but then i go for days and days with no problem so i feel like a fraud.

no link really between eating or physical exertion the only time i never get any pains is when i am in bed :)
 tintin35 - Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:59 am

yeah, I get the same. I think you'll find it's a torn muscle (you probably play a bit of sport). It's a very common comparison with heart attacks
 Jack3d1 - Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:56 pm

I am 23 years old and I have been having the samething happening to me. I started to have sharp chest pains on the right side first I thought it was nothing due to they were every other month or so just for an second.
now there more intense, and I have sharp pains shooting into my right arm, now there gone and now there on my left side of my chest just little one's now, but I know they are going to get worse to. This all started to happen when I got an pinched neck on the left side, it comes and goes, I am in the military, but these doc here don't really help you unless your on your death bed.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us