Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

Question: Injured lungs Or Pleurisy?

fearless74 - Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:01 pm

:shock: I also have a question, I had gotten streptoccocal pneumonia, and it infected my blood and both my lungs collapsed as a result, one lung completely and the other was half way collapsed. i was in ICU for a long time, my heart rate was 225 and they couldn't lower my blood pressure, I thought I was going to die..this was 2 years ago, but still now I suffer greatly with lung pain, and my old doctor said its just pleurisy..can it be after this long? i do have pain killers but seems this is so common, and the pain is intense at times. should I get a second opinion? or is this a common result in such a severe case? thank you Amy
 dsjeya - Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:59 am

2 years is a longtime,get yourself checked and get rid of the pain