Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Injured lungs Or Pleurisy?

 fearless74 - Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:01 pm

:shock: I also have a question, I had gotten streptoccocal pneumonia, and it infected my blood and both my lungs collapsed as a result, one lung completely and the other was half way collapsed. i was in ICU for a long time, my heart rate was 225 and they couldn't lower my blood pressure, I thought I was going to die..this was 2 years ago, but still now I suffer greatly with lung pain, and my old doctor said its just pleurisy..can it be after this long? i do have pain killers but seems this is so common, and the pain is intense at times. should I get a second opinion? or is this a common result in such a severe case? thank you Amy
 dsjeya - Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:59 am

2 years is a longtime,get yourself checked and get rid of the pain

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us