Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

Question: Chest Pains

ddaggwood - Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:29 pm

I am 44 years old and male. I have been experienceing pains in my chest on the left side; in the heart area. The pain feels like a small cramp and occurs randomly. I notice recently that if I lay on my left side that this can start the pain. I sometimes lingers for several minutes to a couple of hours. It kinda cuts my breath and sometimes it seems that my chest area is a little sore. The cramping is like a "charlie horse". I also get a little fluddering in the same area.

Any idea what could be going on?

Concerned.

mp
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:04 am

User avatar Hi ddaggwood,
Chest pain, a squeezing feeling in your chest, pain in the jaw, neck, shoulder, arm, or a feeling of indigestion or heartburn may be warning signs of heart disease, heart attack etc., and requires an evaluation by your physician to identify if it is related to a cardiac origin. I would strongly suggest that you contact your physician for an evaluation.