Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Chest Pains

ddaggwood - Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:29 pm

Hi,

I am 44 years old and male. I have been experienceing pains in my chest on the left side; in the heart area. The pain feels like a small cramp and occurs randomly. I notice recently that if I lay on my left side that this can start the pain. I sometimes lingers for several minutes to a couple of hours. It kinda cuts my breath and sometimes it seems that my chest area is a little sore. The cramping is like a "charlie horse". I also get a little fluddering in the same area.

Any idea what could be going on?

Concerned.

mp
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:04 am

User avatar Hi ddaggwood,
Chest pain, a squeezing feeling in your chest, pain in the jaw, neck, shoulder, arm, or a feeling of indigestion or heartburn may be warning signs of heart disease, heart attack etc., and requires an evaluation by your physician to identify if it is related to a cardiac origin. I would strongly suggest that you contact your physician for an evaluation.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us