Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

Question: Sharp mid-left chest pains

Msr63 - Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:40 pm

I am a 30 yr female, light smoker
having chest pains in mid-left side near left breast
I have had sharp, pin like pains before - every once in a blue moon, however I have been experiencing them all weekend. It's extremely painful to take deep breathes during these attacks.
Also my left chest and arm feel very achy or tired, from time to time my left arm is alittle numb.
Today was my first day back to work after resting the entire weekend - however I noticed I was dizzy often and very tired.

I do not have insurance and can't afford to visit the hospital if this is a passing issue due to something minor. Can you give me any insight?
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:52 am

User avatar Dear
i recommend that you see a physician as soon as possible to role out any possibility of heart disease.

you did not mention anything about your medical history, or the existence of heart problem, however, the fact that you have mentioned the symptoms of chest pain, and numbness in your left arm, tired and fatigue, it is very urgent that you seek a doctors appointment. He might do an EKG, or an echo to your heart.

REMEMBER that your health is much more important that the insurance, than wealth.

hope you always feel better
thank you