Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

Question: chest pain.sharp piercing under left breast

xbellaxgravex - Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:04 pm

I've been having for about 3 or 4 days pain under my left breast it comes on all of a suddon and continues through the day. It feels like some one is stabbing under my left breast. it has been causing numb and tingly feelings in my left arm. it has been worrysom..because im at a young age of 17..what could this be from?.
 Derek H, RN - Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:12 pm

Hello.

Does the pain get worse when doing any activity or does it start at rest?

Recently have you had any injury to this area?
Have you sneezed or coughed violently in the time leading up to having these symptoms?

Your pain does not sound cardiac in nature but more muscular with some nerve involvement ( this is what is causing the numbness),
However best to get this checked with your physician.

Good luck and best wishes.
 xbellaxgravex - Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:24 pm

I have Laughed really hard..Thats basicly all I can think of that caused a few seconds of pain there...It hurts usually when i stand for a few seconds or when Im walking at a fast pace like I was to day? So is this something I should worry over..?