Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

Question: Deep breathing in a certain position causing pain.

heavy_metal87 - Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:05 pm

For around a wwek and a half now if i sit, lay and even stand in a certain position and take a deep breath i get a horrible pain in my right mid back (around the bottom of my rib cage) i found it hurts most if im standing and take a deep breath, then tilt my back all the way to my left and lean round to the right, just after i pass the middle it will feel like ive just been punched.

Im on my second day of quitting smoking now if that helps.
I've always had stomach problems.

Also, another sympton is my heart, my gf slept on my chest recently and my heart was beating so heavily that itwoke her up and she could see my chest rising with each beat, like someone punching through the underside of my ribcage?

I have recently had 2 panic attacks(2 or 3 months) , due to smoking cannabis and drinking, which i have also cut down on considerably.
 heavy_metal87 - Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:09 am

also occasionally when i take a deep breath it feels like a bone clicks in the same area (like cracking your knuckles but in my lower right back)