Medical Specialty >> Pulmonology

Doctors Lounge - Pulmonology Answers

Back to Pulmonology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/19/2017.

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: i am seriously scared

 nikki82 - Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:07 am

ive been suffering from diziness and shortness of breath for the last six monthes,at first i went to a heart doctor and he assured me that theres nothing wrong with my heart,but three days ago i started feeling pain in my left arm,shoulder,nick and chest so i went to a physician who from just checking my heart beats told me that i am ok!but honestly i am so worried ,my husband thinks i am crazy and he swore he wont take me to see another doctor again.i really wanna know whats wrong with me?my blood preasure was fine and so were my heart beats,could it be something else.thanks alot for your time
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:21 pm

User avatar Dear,nikki82,
Anginal pain is usually felt as Crushing pain in the middle of your chest, squeezing pain in the chest or left upper arm that is associated with sweating or shortness of breath and radiates to the neck and left shoulder. Anginal pains are very characteristic although there are some forms of atypical chest pain of cardiac origin. I assume that the history you have given to your doctor plus the results of the examination did not point to the possibility of heart disease otherwise a conventional ECG or stress test would have been recommended by him.
Is this pain associated with any tenderness, in another meaning does it hurt you when you press on he place where you experience this pain or any area around? Is it increases when you are exposed to cold air? Is it associated with certain movements? If it is associated with any of these signs, it is probably a myoskeletal pain
If your symptoms are clearly associated with muscle overuse or wrong use(spasm) , then you just need to be more careful to maintain right postures and to do exercise to strength them. If the symptoms didn’t improve after you have been very conservative or they are getting worse, then better be checked quickly by your consultant. I advise you to be on follow up with your doctor and to inform him with any new symptoms.
Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us