Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: rash with small black itchy spots

tjomara73 - Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:59 pm

About 4 days ago I noticed a rash with little black spots on my right side, under my breast (on my rib cage area). It's very itchy and tender to the touch, feels like a bruise. 2 days ago I noticed another one on in the middle of my back with no black spots. Just yesterday I noticed that that one now has black spots also. My doctor didn't pay much attention to the spots and just perscribed a cream. He said it was either Contact Dermatitus or Shingles. It doesn't look like either one to me, from the pictures I saw on the internet anyway. I would like a second opinion. Please let me know if you have any idea. I'm really worried. I'm also nursing so I'm afraid of passing it to my baby. I'm a 25 yr old female. Otherwise I have been in good overall health. I had a cough about a week ago and was light headed about a week ago but they probably don't have anything to do with it. Thank you in advance. Tanya
Image[/img][/code]
 tjomara73 - Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:08 pm

oops, didn't do the images right.
The picture urls are:

http://www.omaradesigns.com/front
http://www.omaradesigns.com/back

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us