Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Face is red, warm, and itchy

JJRS - Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:35 am

Doctors & Nurses

Hello, I'm a 28 yr old female currently experiencing discomfortness on my face. Today is the second day of red itchy skin along my cheeks and chin. I took Benadryl lastnight hoping that it would go away (thinking it may be an allergic reaction to something), and went to Walgreens today and purchased Aveeno Anti-Itch cream (1% hydrocortisone). I've applied it to my face but the warm itchy sensation is still there.

What are your thoughts on this? Any creams or medication I could use?

Allergies maybe?

Please help! I have this sun-burned look that I'd like to get rid off.

Thanks in advance
Janice
 Rhonda P, CEP - Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:49 pm

User avatar Dear JJRS,

I would recommend finding a PH balanced soap for sensitive skin and getting your skin balance back in order. I think you should stop using any anti-acne creams until your face recovers some. If you have a licensed aestheticians or any Dermatologists that will give you a free consultation maybe they would give you more insight into your rash.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us