Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Red dot on my forehead.

kmax - Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:42 am

I am a 24 year old female and i noticed about 6 months ago, (maybe a little longer ago), a red dot in the middle of my forehead. it does not hurt, nor itch, but i just would like to know what it is and why its there. i am 7 months pregnant, could this have someting to do with it? and if so will it go away? and how can i get it to go away?
thank you for you help!
kmax
 transmetro - Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:56 am

Is it raised at all, or just seems like part of the skin that is different in color?
I've found a few of these little red dots , one developed on my temple, one on my knuckle... no pain or itchiness, it seems like a red freckle or somesuch.
 kmax - Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:32 pm

yea, its just a red freckle or whatever. not raised, just there. doesnt bother me, other than cosmetic wise, its right in between my eyes. are yours still there? is there anything u can do to make it go away?
 transmetro - Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:24 pm

Mine arestill there, I've had them for at least 3 years I'd say. I don't really worry about them personally, just throught it was odd they jsut kind of appeared. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to get rid of them... though I doubt it's noticable to anyone but you.
Even if it is, I'm sure other people have their red dots as well.
 kmax - Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:59 pm

well thank you very much for your feedback. it is weid how it just appeared. at least i know im not the only one out there that has "red dots". thanks again!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us