Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Help, Used Rogaine before actual hair loss

matt85 - Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:07 pm

Hi,

About 3 weeks ago, I started using Rogaine, not because I had any hair loss, but because it runs in my family, and it had been advertised to prevent it. However, a few days ago, I noticed that my hair was much thinner on top than just a few days before that. I immediately stopped using the Rogaine. Is it possible that it caused my hair to thin? I have heard that it first gets all the hairs in sync, and this can cause thinning, but it should grow back. What is your opinion?

Thanks
 Angela Grunewald, RN - Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:12 pm

User avatar don't worry. I cannot see that the medication use was/is the cause of your thinning hair. I use this medication at times to increase the appetite of my patients. and rest assured, they don't lose their hair.
 Roke - Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:14 am

I've read that Rogaine intially causes hair to fall out and then new hair grows.

Weird...

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us