Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Question: Pimples on face, sores on chest no pus

ftreloar - Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:05 pm

I am 50 & my face is breaking out with pimples-but not whiteheads - it has a red dot in the middle & clear liquid comes out if I squeeze - their on my chest but bigger in size - I have some on top of back, nape of neck & even 1 on my ear. They seem to form a scab that takes a long time to go away. HELP

What in the world is this?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:58 am

This could be a dermatitis.

Dermatitis is referred to different types of skin rashes that are caused by infections, allergies, and irritants.

The severity of the rash range from mild to severe according to the cause.

There might be itching on many cases.
Usually blisters are filled with clear fluid unless there is secondary infection.

Contact dermatitis occurs due to skin contact with a substance that causes an allergic reaction (allergic contact dermatitis)
or with an irritant substances (irritant contact dermatitis).

Avoiding the causing substance is the mainstay of prevention in addition to medications prescribed by your doctor.

Direct clinical examination is essential.