Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: White blisters showing up when palms are wet.

TammieR - Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:51 pm

I get a severe wrinkling of the palms of my hands when my hands are in water for only a small amount of time. I also get these white blisters that show up when my hands are wet. When they dry out the skin feels like it stretches and burns. The blisters will go away when my hands dry out, but comes back when my hands are back in water for just a little bit of time. I have had this for over a month. My palms have been sweating a lot and the wrinkles and blisters show up then too.

What could this be?
 TammieR - Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:44 am

I went to the doctor yesterday and he confirmed I have: Aquagenic syringeal acrokeratoderma.

Could you please advise of any infromation on this you may have?

Thank you!