Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Small bumb at end of penis (with photo)

 Bags13 - Fri May 05, 2006 3:04 pm

Hello, I am 16 and have had a small lump on my penis for about a month now, it doesn't seem to be going away, I was wondering what it might be and what I can do.

I also have a large lump on my back (half an inch?) that appeared in the middle of the day, it is painfull.

Please reply as soon as possible, I am worried about the bump on my back being a tumor. Although I once had a pimple that size on the side of my face. But the pimple felt numb.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun May 07, 2006 3:27 pm

User avatar Dear Alex,

Tumours just don't come up at you fast, usually any bump that appears is inflammatory or infectious in origin and a pimple might be more like it.

You are at an age where these kind of skin problems are very common.

Genital bumps can be due to either due to stds (if you are sexually active) amongst inflammatory and other infectious causes as well. For a diagnosis, you have to be seen by a doctor.

If you still have a problem, i suggest that you see your primary care physician about these bumps.

Thank you very much for using our website and I hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 Bags13 - Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:14 pm

The bump on my penis has still not gone away and has grown (in very small proportion). It is now less circular. I am thinking mabye a Penile Placule or a Genital Wart. What can I do?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us