Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: hypopigmentation

clairebear9898 - Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:44 pm

I'm an 18 y/o female. A few months ago (as soon as I moved into my college dorm) I noticed this small white patch under my left eye. It doesn't hurt, and I"m pretty fair skinned so it's not really noticable unless you get right in my face. I read something about Vitiligo, but from what I read, it seemed to be a little more extreme than what this is. It is only a small spot under my eye and the rest of my skin is normal. No one in my family, nor myself, has any thyroid problems or a skin problem like this. I have been to an eye doctor and my regular medical physician and neither of them know what it is. Do I need to see a Dermatologist, or is this something that I can just not worry about
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:19 am

User avatar Hi clairebear9898,
I would suggest that you have an evaluation by a Dermatologist to identify if in fact your symptoms are related to vitiligo or identify the causative factor.
Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us