Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Perianal vitiligo

powerofphp - Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:09 am

I have efffected by vitiligo on my forehead, and other places on my body i regualarly using dermovate ointment , it stopped expnding, and most of the spots removed now.
few days ago i come to know there is another white spot on my anal area, i visit skin specialist he said this is perianal vitiligo. doctors are saying this has no cure.
i am to ask
1. weather this is hrmful???
2. is it possible to make cure on such sensitive area (anal area) as i m concious to use any cream on this sre.
3. suggest me cure for this.
also if i don't cure for this is it harmful for me???
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:48 am

User avatar Hi!

I see that you are free from any of the patches on visible parts of your body now. Vitiligo treatment has no unanimous consensus among care providers. Treatments are individualized according to patient disposition. But I don't think that the disease per se is grevious lest the cosmetic part of it is taken into consideration. And I also don't think that dermovate can cause any harm to the anal region. But I believe it is best to consult your dermatologist regarding this.

Hope this helps.

bill