Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Itchy brown spot

benk - Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:14 pm

I have this little brown spot on my side, it itches too (but not all the time). I noticed it about 3 months ago or so. Its on my side, a lil above where your side sorta goes in a little before the hips. It itches, but not constantly, and I forget its even there when its not. At first I thought it might of been a bug bite of some sort, cause of the itching, but it hasnt gone away. Any help on what it is? I did take a picture if it helps any. Sometimes the url doesnt work on picture, copy the link and paste it into web browser if it doesnt find it. I found that'll usually work. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:23 pm

User avatar It could be a couple of things. It looks like a navus. Itching in a nevus should be checked out. It could also turn out to be a fungal infection. I recommend a visit to a dermatologist as soon as possible. He may require a biopsy depending on the outcome of your visit.
 benk - Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:59 am

Ok, thank you.