Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Skin Growths

Exec - Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:46 am

I am a 21 year old male and I have a number of small fleshy skin growths in my armpits and was wondering what they were and how to get rid of them.[/img]
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:55 am

Dear Exec,

what do you mean by fleshy skin growth, as very red compared to the surrounding skin color? or a little bit pinkish?
does it ooze any form of fluids? do you have it anywhere else? chest hair area, around the nose and cheeks,or your back?

Most probably it's a fungal infection that will go by topical antifungal creams and proper washing of that area followed by proper drying of it ..as dampness predisposes to fungal infections.

If it didn't resolve by antifungal cream then you most probably need to visit your dermatologist to give you a stronger systemic drug for it.

That if it is in fact a fungal infection...I cannot diagnose what I cannot see.

keep me updated and Best regards,