Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: My sons has a small whitehead on his cheek for a month

helen912 - Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:40 pm

My son age 9 had a small whitehead on his cheek. He frequently has small dry skin bumps. He scratched it with his fingernails and made it bleed. It has been more than a month and now it is the size of a penny. It is bumpy, raised and dry. It seems to be getting worse. He says that is itches. I have been moisturizing it daily. Should I take him to the doctor or is this something I can treat on my own. Thank You.
 helen912 - Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:23 am

helen912 wrote:My son age 9 had a small whitehead on his cheek. He frequently has small dry skin bumps. He scratched it with his fingernails and made it bleed. It has been more than a month and now it is the size of a penny. It is bumpy, raised and dry. It seems to be getting worse. He says that is itches. I have been moisturizing it daily. Should I take him to the doctor or is this something I can treat on my own. Thank You.