Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Little dots on my leg

chrishw - Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:35 am

I am a 22 year old male, I am on adderall and lamictal. I changed my dose of lamictal, these dots might have started around the time when I changed the dose. These little dots have been at the top of my leg for at least a few weeks. I don't know if it means anything or not. They don't hurt, I wondered if it was a rash, lamictal can cause a rash but I didn't think it was serious because it hasn't changed, gotten bigger or smaller. I made a blog with the link below so pictures would be available. thanks.

http://dotsonmyleg.blogspot.com/2007/04 ... y-leg.html[/img]
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:23 pm

User avatar Unfortunately I was not able to access your pictures. Lamictal can cause a rash. It can range from harmless to vary severe. The harmless version is usually small pinkish colored dots that can get a little larger. The spectrum then increases to a very severe form of rash known as Stevens-Johnson syndrome that can be life threatening.

I would recommend that you see your doctor for evaluation.

Best wishes.
 chrishw - Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:26 pm

I finally went to my doctor tuesday and deleted the blog I made for the pictures, he said it wasn't anything bad, something harmless and may be there the rest of my life. thanks.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us