Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Little dots on my leg

chrishw - Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:35 am

I am a 22 year old male, I am on adderall and lamictal. I changed my dose of lamictal, these dots might have started around the time when I changed the dose. These little dots have been at the top of my leg for at least a few weeks. I don't know if it means anything or not. They don't hurt, I wondered if it was a rash, lamictal can cause a rash but I didn't think it was serious because it hasn't changed, gotten bigger or smaller. I made a blog with the link below so pictures would be available. thanks.

http://dotsonmyleg.blogspot.com/2007/04 ... y-leg.html[/img]
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:23 pm

User avatar Unfortunately I was not able to access your pictures. Lamictal can cause a rash. It can range from harmless to vary severe. The harmless version is usually small pinkish colored dots that can get a little larger. The spectrum then increases to a very severe form of rash known as Stevens-Johnson syndrome that can be life threatening.

I would recommend that you see your doctor for evaluation.

chrishw - Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:26 pm

I finally went to my doctor tuesday and deleted the blog I made for the pictures, he said it wasn't anything bad, something harmless and may be there the rest of my life. thanks.