Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: white growth below skin on penis shaft

shabbydg - Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:48 am

I am 23/m and have had circumcision. close to the head of my penis i noticed a lump below my skin. this was about two weeks ago. it was not round but oblong. i did some research and found out it could be a clotted vein, which happens to people with circumcision. so i ignored it.

It does not hurt or itch but today i realized i could pull it out from under the skin (I have a few holes in my skin near the head. circumcision??) and it came out of one of these holes. the lump is white in color and soft. i accidentally broke off the top and there was no pain or bleeding. it looks like a tube and something whitish inside. i don't know whether it was closed before i broke it.

when i let it go it went back inside the hole i mentioned.

i once again did some research and found out it could be a cyst but have not come across a situation where it was under the skin but could be pulled out. so any information will be helpful.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:24 pm

User avatar I would recommend checking this out with a urologist or family practice doctor. It is almost impossible to tell without an examination.