Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: red bumps over upper body

 rentna2000 - Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:13 am

i have small red spots spread across my upper body and i was wondering what it is and how to my skin back to normal, i have had these for about a year now, i am a male.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:25 pm

User avatar Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to help you much over the internet. The possible causes of such red bumps are quite extensive, including eczema, contact dermatitis, and keratosis pilaris.

I would recommend you see your doctor for a direct examination and treatment recommendation.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us