Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Moisturizing lotion and benzoyl peroxide lotion question

thosequestions - Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:27 pm

I started to use BP again to treat some mild breakouts. I spread BP in the surrounding area and it gets dry so I'm thinking, I could just put some moisturizing lotion first and then dab some BP in the areas I need it in.

Is this recommended and safe?

I think the stuff I use (not moisturizer) is just BP treatment, but it says on the bottle that it's repair lotion. The BP concentration is 3.7% which is higher than the recommended 2.5%. So is this even considered BP treatment or just actual, regular lotion?

Thanks for your time.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:09 am

User avatar Yes, it's perfectly fine to use benzoyle peroxide in problem spots with moisturizer where needed. Many people have combination skin and this is a good way to deal with it.