Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Large lump under arm and skin rash spreading?

shell622 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:53 am

I am 45 years old and am male, i have had a large lump under my arm for over 6 months, very painful but now i have a rash going up my arms and on my ankles that is painful to touch....any idea's what it could be?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 pm

User avatar Hi Shell622,

There is a very large list of possibilities. My first thought would be that the lump in your armpit is a lymph node that is inflamed. The rash may be a condition called erythema nodosum. This rash is a faint red color but is quite painful to touch.

I must recommend that you see your doctor to have this evaluated as I cannot really give you an answer about this with any confidence.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us