Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Small scattered bumps on body

Luminous Earth - Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:05 am

Im 21, female and I know I have psoriasis because my dad has it and I've dealt with many small patches due to stress: though i've never been actually diagnosed.

Aside from that ive started recently getting these small bumps, or perhaps pimples? I'm not sure what they are, they're scattered, so i wouldnt call them patches of any sort. I don't think they itch, i've scratched at them because i hate bumps weirdly enough. They've mostly appeared on the front part of my body, like my belly and chest and some on my neck. I don't have a clue as to what they are. They appeared a couple months ago around the same time or maybe after i had a yeast infection though i took care of that quickly and it hasn't returned. I wonder if it could have something to do with that? After i scratch them off they scab and go away.

I also wonder if it could have something to do with my birth control? I started on ortho cyclen 4 months ago and my body just isnt the same as it used to be and i definetly break out more. Soooo.. if you could help me in the slightest that would be great. Any answer would be most appreciated even if its a refferal but! i don't have lots of cash to pay someone to tell me not to worry about my bumps so HELP!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:48 pm

User avatar Hi Luminous Earth,

These bumps may be acne. They may also be from a skin virus called molluscum contagiousum. It is a relatively common virus that causes small bumps that have a dimple in the center.

I'd suggest you see a primary care doctor to have these evaluated. There are often clinics that can see patients for a free or reduced fee when they do not have insurance. Your local health insurance can point you to these clinics if needed.

Best wishes.
 jencr28 - Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:53 am

It started on Tuesday, I noticed some small red bumps on the lower part of my chest. The next day I notcied some on my shoulder. Thursday as the day went on they have spread to my neck, behind my ears and even a few on my face. They do not itch. I have taken some Benedryle and it hasn't seem to do anything. A friend thinks that it may be from my hot tub. I was in it on Sunday and there was some oil type stuff in it that I have never been in contact with before. I have no medical insurance. But I am concerned. I do not have any other symptons.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us