Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: allergic reaction to penicillian

leap7744 - Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:16 pm

I had a allergic reaction to penicillian and im itching all over but mostly on my face. I discontinued the medicine and the doctor perscribed something new. My question is... Is there anything I can do to help stop the itchyness around my face? I tried cortisone cream and it isn't really working. The doctor didn't give me anything for the itchyness.
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:37 pm

User avatar Hello:
Frequently, the dr will recommend Benadryl or diphenhydramine, it is an antihistamine good for the itching. It does cause drowsiness so don't drive when taking it. It can be purchased over the counter.
Regards,
Carolyn