Question: Lichen Simplex

acascoman - Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:59 am

I have been diagnosed with Lichen Simplex. I've had it for over three years now. Is this considered a "contagious" disease? My girlfriend has been experiencing severe itching on the palms of her hands and the soles of her feet for about 8 days now.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:21 pm

User avatar It is not a contagious, infectious disease but more a symptom resulting from scratching an area of skin, often in a person with eczema. So, your girlfriend didn't get it from you but could pick up a habit of scratching that could lead to the same condition.