Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Constant sores on legs

Mamaof3 - Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:43 pm

For about 10 years(give or take some); I have had sores on my legs constantly. They appear for no reason. All the doctors I've seen have not noticed except one. He asked if I have ever seen a dermatologist and I said no. Nothing further was said. Any insight to what this could would be greatly appreciated.
 Mamaof3 - Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:38 pm

I also wanted to add that I have had tingling in the back of both legs here recently.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:14 pm

User avatar Hello,
Probably the most concerning leg sores are related to circulatory problems, varicose veins, or diabetes. You haven't given a lot of information but since your doctor asked if you had seen a dermatologist, I am guessing the sense is that it is a skin problem. There are many skin ailments that can result in sores such as psoriasis, eczema, hives, folliculitis, hypersensitivities, etc. For this reason I would concur with the recommendation to see a dermatologist.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us