Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Ear drainage, peeling, redness

precious828 - Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:03 pm

My ears have clear fluid draining from them. The outer ears itch, dry, flake, and crust over. Fluid also drains from the crust/scabs. Bad pain comes from my inner and outer ear, sometimes so bad, it hurts to lie on ear. Its in my ears as well as on the side of my face and behind my ears. Can you please tell me what this is, i have been going nuts thinking something is majorly wrong. Its painful. Any help would be appreciated. Please help, so i can calm down.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:30 pm

User avatar Hello Precious828,

It sounds like you may have a skin infection of the outer ear (including the ear canal). These may need topical or in some cases oral antibiotics to clear up.

I would recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated and get the proper treatment.

precious828 - Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:39 pm

I went to the dermatologist on wed, he gave me a topical ointment called Triamincolone started taking it today. how long does it take for it to work?