Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Small Red Bumps near Frenulum of Penis

dangit84 - Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:40 pm

I have small bumps on the underside of my penis. i've had them since i was in my teens (maybe 9 years ago). I am 23. there are three small bumps on the right side of the frenulum and two on the left side. they look like bumps that protrude from an artery (red blood vessel). i just want to know what they're called. i don't think they're STDs as they formed before i had sexual intercourse. i can send pictures if it will help diagnose. they don't itch or hurt. they've been there for so long, i'm just curious. thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:06 am

User avatar Hello,
This sounds like pearly penile papules (PPP) and they are harmless. I can't say this for sure but that would be my suspicion based on your description. To be more sure, you would need to be seen by a doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us