Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: mark on inner thigh/pubic region

 alexa14 - Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:15 pm

during my period about two weeks ago, my pads irritated my skin and caused what i thought was a pimple. now, it has turned into just a dark red mark that isn't raised or anything. what is it and what should i do?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:11 pm

User avatar Hello Alexa14,

The area are noticing may actually be a bruise. Continued abrasion can cause a blister that initially can appear as a pimple-like then subsequently develop into the typical darkened bruise appearance.

If this doesn't get better over the next few days I would suggest you have your doctor evaluate this to find out for sure what is going on.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us