Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: reddish freckle type bumps in pubic hair

 superdave305 - Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:40 pm

I am experiencing reddish colored bumps in my pubic region, mainly occuring along my waste band. The bumps don't itch, discharge, etc., but am concerned of what they may be due to their location and persistence. I have never had any bumps/growths on my penis, in case it is some sort of an STD. The bumps aren't raised very high. Any thoughts?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:42 pm

User avatar Hello Superdave305,

There are a few possibilities. These may be some irritated hair follicles. They may also be a skin fungal infection such as tinea versicolor.

Often, your doctor can make a diagnosis by a quick evaluation. If these don't improve I would recommend you have your doctor take a look.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us